Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Fwd: offsite copies

2001-11-06 10:52:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Fwd: offsite copies
From: david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 09:52:24 -0600
I would do this:

1. Backup to disk
2. Duplicate to tape
3. Expire Disk images
4. Change PC to 2
5. Duplicate images for Offsite
6. backup NBU DB for offsite set.

No the copies are limited to 2 whether it is disk or tape copies (I hear
that in future releases the 2 copy limit will be a thing of the past).

Is there a valid reason?  This has been the way the product as been since I
have been working with it and I've been consulting on the product since
version 1.6.

Vault does not give you more copies, so it isn't there to encourage or force
you to buy vault.  Much of what you can do with vault, you can do with shell
scripts as well.  I have written a suite of scripts (DataStaff Duplication
Suite for NetBackup) for that purpose, which can be found on my website.
Its a nice first step before you launch yourself into bpVault.

David

David A. Chapa
NetBackup Consultant
DataStaff, Inc.
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
847 413 1144
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com