Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] scheduled backups do not start

2001-11-05 01:31:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] scheduled backups do not start
From: jrmajor AT TexasChildrensHospital DOT org (Major, Rusty)
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 00:31:03 -0600
 How is your schedule set up? If it's a backup that runs once a day, do you
have the Frequency set for 1 Day? If the backup from the last day did not
start until 3 hours later than scheduled (for whatever reason), then the job
will not start again for 24 more hours, meaning it won't begin until the 3
hours past the original schedule.

If this is your problem, you can try changing the frequency to something
less than what you want it to run. In my case, my daily backups are set for
15 hours. Be careful not to set it too low and have it start twice during
the same backup window!

Rusty Major