Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Not able to restore !!!!!!!!!!!

2001-11-02 11:17:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Not able to restore !!!!!!!!!!!
From: manoj AT india.Infogain DOT com (manoj AT india.Infogain DOT com)
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 21:47:55 +0530
Hi Everyone!

                   Actually I have got veritas netbackup 3.2 software for
Unix server and Windows clients.I am very new to this software.I have
installed netbackup 3.2 on my E250 Sun server(Solaris 2.6) with J0820521 for
server and J0820495 for unix client patches.I have robot storage unit
library which has a capacity of 6 dat diskettes(4mm).

               I have taken backup of local files(/etc).Now when i want to
restore the same file at same or different location,It doesn't restore.It
doesn't move tape from slot to drive and in job monitoring it shows the
restore is active and nothing happens.After somtimes it says the job has
done with error.

When I check Restore progress,It says:

Restore job id xx will require 1 image
media id A0000x is nedded for restore
status of restore from image created on so and so time
INF-status=the restore failed to recover the requested files.

I have checked everything class,shedule,storage unit,media ID
etc...everything seems to be fine.Even I have tried it by loading client at
windows NT 4.0 server.Same thing happens there also.In the case of windows
even I am not able to backup when I start backup from windows.When I start
backup from SUN server which is working as netbackup and media server.It
does the backup from windows client but while restoring it gives the same
problem.

I have tried it manually,like manually mounting the required dat diskette
into drive from slot,but still it doesn't do the restore.

Can anyone help me out?I am fighting with it for the last two days.Also if
you can ,pls. tell me some good material to read.................

I will be very thankful to you if you can respond me ASAP.

Thanks a lot,
Manoj Batra.