Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 3.4 & Control M

2001-10-31 14:22:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 3.4 & Control M
From: Brian_Drager AT Vanguard DOT com (Brian_Drager AT Vanguard DOT com)
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 14:22:38 -0500
Looking for someone who uses Control M. We have control M in our shop for MVS &
other UNIX/NT jobs. If there a separate piece you have to by for Control M to
work with NetBackup?

I'm assuming that you still need to set up schedules for Full, Cum, & diff.
backups. You just leave the times outs. How does Control M know which schedule
to kick off whether its a daily, or weekly or a monthly schedule if you take
your days & window duration out of the schedule.

What if a backup fails with a status code 41. Will control M autostart job?

Thanks for any information.