Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore

2001-10-31 10:46:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore
From: Tim.McMurphy AT telus DOT com (Tim McMurphy)
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 08:46:26 -0700
You could try to restore from a different slave server approach.

1) go to the master and edit the /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf file and add
the line
        FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER = fromhost tohost
ie.     FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER = <original> <current>

2) in the Netbackup Administrator go to File and select
        Re-Read Request Daemon Configuration

3) when done make sure to change back the bp.conf file to its original self
and do step 2 again.

PS. Remember to mount the tapes on the new drive.