Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle and begin/end scripts

2001-10-29 14:51:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle and begin/end scripts
From: wschuller AT Cayenta DOT com (Schuller, William)
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:51:21 -0800
Does anyone have any sample begin and end scripts for Oracle backup jobs?
I've scoured the web for them. I have machines using RMAN as well as the
regular nbu client. The jobs are currently kicked off on the client side
with cron to run a bp to a user backup class. I have asked my DBA to write
begin and end scripts so that I can schedule the backups through Netbackup.
His response is that it cannot be done. I'd rather not go through the
trouble of learning the oracle stuff, just to prove him wrong. Any
suggestions?

Bill