Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DR tape promotion

2001-10-29 08:30:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DR tape promotion
From: Eric.Porter AT marriott DOT com (Porter, Eric)
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 08:30:14 -0500
We use netbackup vault for disaster recovery purposes.   At our regular DR
test we have found the process of promoting from the primary to the
secondary tapes to be slow.

We do limit the tapes we are promoting by using various criteria,  however
we still use up valuable time that could otherwise be used for restoring
data during a disaster.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem.

Has anyone else tried to get Veritas to improve this process.  Thus far they
do not seem to understand our concern over this process.

Thanks!

Eric Porter
Technical Services Open Systems
Marriott International
(301) 696-2782
eric.porter AT marriott DOT com <mailto:eric.porter AT marriott DOT com>