Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Do I need vault extension?

2001-10-27 21:05:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Do I need vault extension?
From: Rick.Huang AT veritas DOT com (Rick Hai-Feng Huang)
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 18:05:34 -0700
Hi,

I set all the retention period of class to 3 months. Every week after all
tapes are full, I should
replace old ten tapes with new ten tapes and store old tapes offsite. At the
same time, I don't
want to bpexpdate old ten tapes, that means I wish catalog have the
informaion of old ten tapes.
If host is down, I will insert one offsite tape and NBU could restore it at
once(don't need to import)
Do I need vault extension or alternate easy method to fulfill this function?
I have tried vmquery -deassignbyid old_tape, vmdelete old_tape then vmadd
new_tape every week,
 but can't confirm it will run as what I wish.

newbie