Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Weird one ? How to manually run backups as oppos ed to Automatically...

2001-10-23 08:53:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Weird one ? How to manually run backups as oppos ed to Automatically...
From: gyurchak AT veritas DOT com (Gregg Yurchak)
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:53:01 -0400
So are you saying you never want automatic backups with NetBackup's
scheduler, and just desire them through your 3rd-party scheduler?  Just
remove the window from inside your schedule, and NetBackup won't run a
backup for that schedule.  This is providing you're using the -i, flag,
which it sounds like you are.

If you do occassionaly want NetBackup automatic backups, just not on the
days the bpbackups get run, adjust your frequency so you won't get two a
day.  I wouldn't set it to 1 day/24 hours, though, or you'll start to get
schedule creep and other problems.

It just occurred to me.  Maybe the issue is you're doing user-directed
backups with your scheduler, and when they happen don't want the general
schedule to run on those days.  I don't see a way around this one.  If this
is the scenario, I'd switch over to running the bpbackups on the master with
the -i flag.

Thanks,
Gregg Yurchak
VERITAS Professional Services