Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] What if differential doesn't have a full backup?

2001-10-18 11:31:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] What if differential doesn't have a full backup?
From: david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:31:45 -0500
1.  No, the NBU Class only knows about the schedules within its own class.

2.  Yes, your assumption is correct, the first backup of a Differential
Incrm that has no FULL Backup for reference will effectively perform a full
backup the first time (or until that image expires)

As far as filesystems go, you can run the bpcoverage script in goodies to
see where your exposure is (its pretty good.

David

David A. Chapa
NetBackup Consultant
DataStaff, Inc.
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
847 413 1144
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com