Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Bad image header.

2001-10-18 10:58:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Bad image header.
From: sixbury AT celeritas DOT com (Sixbury, Dan)
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 09:58:36 -0500
I recently found numerous messages about bad image header for backups that
have been running.  I checked the knowledge base for infomation and it said
that this was related to the file system filling up, the image database
files becoming corrupt and needing to be removed.

1.  Does this mean that after you remove these files that it is impossible
to recover the backups?  Multiplexing is used, so tar cannot be used to read
directly from the tape.

2.  The file system that these files reside in is not 100% full, yet we are
still getting this same error.  What else would cause these errors?

Thanks,
Dan