Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU Error 40's

2001-10-17 20:30:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU Error 40's
From: David_Cornely AT intuit DOT com (Cornely, David)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:30:04 -0700
Hey all,

I just found this mailing list and figured I'd try it out.  I've been using
NBU for almost 2 years now.
My issue is this:
We are getting an unusual number of error 40's for some of our network based
backups.  Most of them happen with our Tru64 cluster backups but I did just
get 1 for an HP-UX client as well as a local backup of a filesystem on our
Master/Media server.
I've tried using the REQUIRED_INTERFACE variable but to no avail.  We are
running NBU3.4.1 on a fully patched Solaris 2.6 E450.
If found some info in the archives regarding NET_BUFFER_SZ and I'm working
with Veritas support but it's hard to troubleshoot an intermittent problem.
Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks.

-Dave