Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DLT7000 Speed

2001-10-17 19:34:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DLT7000 Speed
From: benr AT cuddletech DOT com (benr AT cuddletech DOT com)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 16:34:51 -0700 (PDT)
Any thoughts on this?  I'm doing some big backups to a DLT7000 (via a ADIC
Scalar 2x tape robot).  My backup is 400G and running on a single drive.
It's currently averaging 1500k/s.  The problem with this speed is that comes
out to 5.4G/hr.  Isn't that alittle slow?  Can NetBackup throttle drives and
thus slow down my backup this way?  Or is there something I can look to
change?  The disk system on the system (this is a local backup) isn't really
being taxed, and it's a Fibre Channel disk system with striped volumes.
The system is a Sun Enterprise 4500 running Solaris 2.6 with NetBackup 3.2.

Thanx

benr.