Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Granularity of Restore Capabilities for Win2K

2001-10-17 11:41:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Granularity of Restore Capabilities for Win2K
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:41:31 -0400
I was asked what the granularity was for Win2K Active Directory restores.
Here's the scenario. If someone accidently deletes a domain or part of a
domain, can it be recovered at that level? Is it possible to just restore file
access permissions or logon scripts associated with a specific user in a domain
without restoring the entire user?

If these questions sound peculiar, hang with me for a minute. I'm not an NT guy
so I'm posing the question the way I understood it when it was asked. Any
information anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice