Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB Windows Admin GUI problems

2001-10-16 16:20:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB Windows Admin GUI problems
From: benr AT cuddletech DOT com (benr AT cuddletech DOT com)
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:20:49 -0700 (PDT)
Here's the scoop.  My manager likes playing with the Netbackup windows admin
GUI (you know where you aren't a client, but you want to have control over
several diffrent NB servers).
He can connect to several of our 3.2GA servers and everything is fine, but
when he connects to a 3.4 server he gets odd errors.  Whats really odd is
that he can look at the activity monitor, he can get to the media manager.
But if he pulls up the Policy Manager or the Device Manager he gets either
an "Invalid Server" or "Unable to connect" error.  Both of which are hogwash
because the server is up (and often in use) with no problems, and he can
definalately connect to it since he can view the jobs.

Veritas support is NO help at all.  Any thoughs would help.

Thanx

benr AT cuddletech DOT com