Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Types of backup question

2001-10-15 12:48:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Types of backup question
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 09:48:00 -0700 (PDT)
Well, that's an entirely different challenge.

You need a second tape drive or you need a lot of disk
space that you can use to duplicate images to.  Then I
would archive those duplicated images and send those
tapes off site.

(There are probably 100 different answers to your
question, off the top of my head, this is what I came
up with)

Documenting each step so you can recover the files
necessary should the need arise.

David

Quoting Adeday <adeday AT yahoo DOT com>:

> David,
>
> on you answer for the second question....
>
> how can I do duplicates if I have only one tape drive?
>
> Thanks for your help
> --- "David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com>
> wrote:
> > Q1. Yes, but you would have to import the tape
> >
> > Q2. Duplicate the full backup images to be sent
> > offsite.
> >     You can accomplish this by using Veritas
bpVault,
> > the GUI, or using some of
> > your own scripts.  Alternatively, you can use the
> > scripts I have written,
> > DataStaff's Duplication Suite for Netbackup, which
> > can be found on my
> > website.
> >
> > http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
> >
> > David
> >
> > <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
> > David A. Chapa
> > NetBackup Consultant
> > DataStaff, Inc.
> > http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
> > 847 413 1144
> > NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting
> > http://www.xbpadm-commands.com

bu

bu

> http://personals.yahoo.com