Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to Relocate the Catalogs on Win2000

2001-10-12 13:50:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to Relocate the Catalogs on Win2000
From: fx AT Veritas DOT com (fx [François-Xavier Peretmere])
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 19:50:29 +0200
> From: Guy Speier [mailto:guys AT firstlogic DOT com]

> ahhhh ... now I see the window's 2000 in the subj.  sorry, I
> can only speak on the UNIX side of things for this one :-)

 If using Win2k, you can just mount a volume, as for any Unix
box now - NTFS5 new feature.

 Computer management -> Disk Management, choose "Mount in this NTFS
folder". Check help for more information. Prepare you partition/volume,
In short, stop NetBackup, move db from old dir to directory on new volume,
mount space under NetBackup\db directory and then restart NetBackup. As
usual, don't forget to bpbackupdb everything before.

 Or, the "I don't think it's supported but it works" way :

 http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/pipermail/veritas-bu/2001-January/002328.html

 Hth && amicalement, fx .

#include <VRTS/std_disclaimer.h>
--
      fx AT veritas DOT com      | Having been erased,
François-Xavier Peretmere | The document you're seeking