Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BPBKAR32.exe Processes

2001-10-11 14:13:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BPBKAR32.exe Processes
From: Bob Bakh" <bob.bakh AT home DOT com (Bob Bakh)
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 11:13:27 -0700
The last time I saw this I ran the bpbkar log and found the NT TCP 10054
error, updating your NT patches, and checking for duplexing issues on the
network help resolve this problem.

The only way to get rid of them once they get stuck is a reboot.

If you look at the bpbkar log and the bptm log on the media server you'll
see a loss of communication, sometimes the network port on the master is
full and causes a time out that causes the client to close down and hang.
It's supposed to error out, but sometime the OS doesn't report the error and
then it just hangs.

patch things up, patch up NBU, also you my want a bigger pipe on the
master/media servers, lastly the tcp socket close timeout on the master and
media server may need to be adjusted down.

Thanks,

Bob