Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Autoclean question in Netbackup 3.4

2001-10-08 19:19:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Autoclean question in Netbackup 3.4
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 18:19:39 -0500
I think what he's talking about here is autoclean enabled on the library
(hardware-based cleaning with a cleaning tape known to the library) and not
the Tape Alert feature.

A specific NetBackup patch level and library firmware are required for the
support.

Look in the latest patch's readme and you'll see "add robotic auto cleaning
support for STK L series robots".  I don't know what firmware is required
though.

- Scott

                    Rob Worman

                    <rworman AT yahoo DOT com>                  To:     MSyed
AT xo DOT com
                    Sent by:                             cc:     veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        Subject:
Re: [Veritas-bu] Autoclean question in Netbackup 3.4
                    auburn.edu

                    10/08/2001 01:14 PM

                    Please respond to rob

Autoclean (with "supported hardware" as described in the documentation)
has supposedly been a part of NetBackup since at least version 3.2. But
many people have described problems with it not doing its thing.
 (Autoclean, aka TapeAlert, is not a NBU feature that you enable or
tune, it's just there)

I have not heard of any patch for this, but it's certainly possible.

Where to get patches?  support.veritas.com
How to check your current patch level?  'ls /usr/openv/netbackup/patch'
should show you what patches you have installed on your master server.

HTH
rob