Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE:Restoring to an Alternate Novell Target

2001-10-05 14:54:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE:Restoring to an Alternate Novell Target
From: rmickle AT rms.moore DOT com (rmickle AT rms.moore DOT com)
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 13:54:40 -0500
I do not know if it is related, but we had similar behavior a while back
when trying to restore from one volume to another on some of our Novell
server.  If we let the restore job site out there for an hour or two after
it ejected the tape, it would fail with a socket error.  After much hair
pulling, we finally figured out that the altpath directory was located in
the incorrect place.  We had installed the client in the SYS\openv\netback
folder and created the log directories in the SYS\openv\netbackup folder.
As soon as I moved the log directory to the SYS\openv\netback folder we
were able to do the restores.

Richard Mickle
UNIX Systems and Storage Admin.
Moore Response Marketing Services