Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] jnbSA version mismatch after upgrade?

2001-10-03 13:09:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] jnbSA version mismatch after upgrade?
From: john.meyers AT wright DOT edu (John Meyers)
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 13:09:55 -0400
Penelope Carr wrote:

> SUN's cumulative patch includes our patch for 3.4.1 (aka P0850645).  If this
> is a media/master server shut down the daemons first before applying this
> patch.  This particular patch puts a new bpbrm binary in place.  If this
> does not work then shut down NBU and appy Veritas's patch and try again.
>
> Good Luck
>
> Penny Carr

 Exploring the problem a bit further, it appears that the 'update_client'
 failed to update the java components, although the procedure claimed it
 completed successfully.

 I've tried using,

        update_clients -ForceInstall -InstallJava -ClientList clients.lis

 but this isn't updating the java code for some reason.  I'll see if I can't
 trace down exactly where this is failing.  Short of that, I could always
 try re-installing the clients, but this wouldn't be a long term fix.

 John Meyers
 Computing Services
 Wright State University
 E-mail: john.meyers AT wright DOT edu