Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] jnbSA version mismatch after upgrade?

2001-10-02 16:17:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] jnbSA version mismatch after upgrade?
From: john.meyers AT wright DOT edu (John Meyers)
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 16:17:40 -0400
 Hi all.

 I just upgraded from 3.2GA to NetBackup 3.4 under Solaris and have run
 into a slight problem.  Shortly after upgrading, I went ahead and applied
 SUN's cumulative patch 110539-07 (released 21-Sep-2001), although at this
 point, I'm receiving  the following error when I attempt to run the jnbSA or
 jbpSA GUI from a client system,

        bpjava-msvc: the client is not compatible with this server
        version (3.4.1GA).

 To the best of my knowledge, I'm not running 3.4.1GA on anything.
 On the backup server, /usr/openv/netbackup/version shows,

        HARDWARE SOLARIS
        VERSION NetBackup 3.4GA
        RELEASEDATE Tue Jun 20 03:04:00 CDT 2000

 At this point, I'm not sure if this was due to the patch or just the 3.4
 upgrade, as I didn't test the interface until after the patch was applied.
 The 'jnbSA' and 'jbpSA' interface on the server works fine.  In addition
 the 'xbp' interface from all of the clients work fine.

 Has anyone seen this problem?  I normally use the non-java interfaces so
 this isn't a huge issue at the moment.

 Thanks,

 John Meyers
 Computing Services