Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP backups going 30 hours

2001-10-02 16:03:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP backups going 30 hours
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 13:03:41 -0700
Hmmm, well that seems fairly stupid.  Make a directive that says don't
back anything up?  I could understand making a directive that said don't
make it "all user friendly like" by eliminating the overhead of
browseable files but not to make it so you can't restore it at all
without the native restore commands?  And what if you were using the NBU
format instead of gnu tar?  You'd be totally screwed no?

~JK