Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] msgrcv errors

2001-10-02 11:07:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] msgrcv errors
From: Kevin_Trotman AT AFCC DOT com (Trotman, Kevin)
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:07:43 -0500
I am getting the following errors in the bpsched log file which coincide
with a large group of our backups that error out with error code 50. There
is a knowledge base article that addresses a problem almost exactly like
this caused by patch 559, but I do not have that installed. The only other
strange activity is that this machine is overloaded and I get "no swap space
to grow stack for pid XXXX" errors in syslog. They do not coincide though.
The pids are discarded between 4 and 4:21 am, and then the messages appear
in the bpsched log almost constantly, but there is a large group of them
beginning at 4:38am. The backups that fail with 50's fail at 4:38am. I would
just think that this was Netbackup trying to end a job that could never get
pid space, but the Invalid Argument message worries me. Anyone have any
suggestions other than increasing the swap space? (still waiting for that
change record to go through.)

bpsched log:

04:25:00 [23466] <2> recv_runQ_msg: msgrcv(nodelay) stat -1  errno 22
(Invalid argument).  sigcld=1 sigalrm=0 sigusr1=1 sigusr2=0
04:25:00 [23466] <8> check_runmsgQ: error checking for complete jobs:
Invalid argument (22)

Kevin Trotman
Storage Management Group
Phone: 817-317-8048