Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Server Restoration

2001-10-31 20:48:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Server Restoration
From: frazee.23 AT osu DOT edu (Joseph P Frazee)
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 20:48:15 -0500
So we had a problem with out Netbackup server following a catastrophic power
outage and after some consideration decided to reinstall the thing.

I basically just restored the /usr/openv directory, recreated the sg drivers
and configurations in devlink.tab, setup the services to run in inetd.conf,
and altered the tape drive paths to reflect the current state (we removed
two drives).

I can do a restore for the server as a client to itself. I can't do any true
client restores. There are errors ranging from can't mount media to
Media_move errors.

Any thoughts,

Thankyou many

Joe