Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: oracle errors (Chapman, Kyle)

2001-09-26 03:39:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: oracle errors (Chapman, Kyle)
From: Vlastimil.Pokorny AT oskarmobil DOT cz (Vlastimil Pokorny)
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 09:39:51 +0200
Hi,

I had simular error outputs from RMAN when NB encountered media write errors
(84).

Try to check NB Problem report during time when backup failed.

I have experience thad here is a bad relation between NB and RMAN
interfaces. So I was not able to find theese type of errors in NB namy times
until I checked NB Problem Report (found 84 error). Now I am storing and
rotating RMAN logs in filesystem and after any RMAN job running grep to find
out if  error is there.