Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Unable to do user backups of NDMP directories?

2001-09-21 18:46:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Unable to do user backups of NDMP directories?
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 17:46:23 -0500
hmmm, yes I guess that would make sense, wouldn't it:

    Allowing a "user backup" for a NetApp class would really mean
allowing a user-directed
    backup from a machine that is neither the backup client nor an NBU
server. And security-wise
    that's hardly a desirable feature.

 I would agree that the way to do this would be a special class
containing your NFS client and defined with both a user-directed
schedule and the ability to back up NFS mounted filesystems.

good luck!
rob