Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetWare backups not catching all files

2001-09-21 13:17:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetWare backups not catching all files
From: RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com (RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com)
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 12:17:19 -0500
We are having _serious_ backup problems with all our NetWare clients. As an
example, on a large NetWare file server, the NetBackup client is backing up only
12 GB for a full when the last full backed up 212GB. The NetBackup configuration
wasn't changed on the Master server, nor the BP.INI file on the client.

Here's what did happen though: The NetWare admins wiped out the NetWare OS
'registry' while changing server configurations to change to IP networking.
(Note: I don't know what a NetWare registry is; see job title in my sig).

Does _anyone_ know what I'm talking about? I have a ticket open on this now, but
haven't gotten a solution yet. I've tried changing it from multiple streams
(full backup was 12GB on a 212GB server) to single stream, which has backed up
43GB in a 20 hour period (still running). The problem is not a difference in
duplex settings. Any ideas are appreciated.

Regards,

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson