Veritas-bu

[Fwd: [Veritas-bu] NetApp backups and multi drives]

2001-09-19 12:26:03
Subject: [Fwd: [Veritas-bu] NetApp backups and multi drives]
From: Kevin_Trotman AT AFCC DOT com (Trotman, Kevin)
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 11:26:03 -0500
No, but I don't think that will be your problem. I think your problem will
be that you have to configure it as a multi-hosted drive to attach it to
more than one machine anyway. Once you do that, the master will try to
communicate with the daemons to lock the drive whether it needs to be or
not. Since a netapp doesn't run those daemons and its just an ndmp slave,
the backup will probably error out. I'm probably wrong here as its before
noon here and my brain refuses to think to that level so early, but that
would be my initial impression. ;)

You might be better off kicking off a tar from cron if you really want to do
this. The multi-hosted support will probably mess it up in Netbackup.

Kevin Trotman
Storage Management Group
Phone: 817-317-8048
Cell: 817-307-0451