Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Insert media failed

2001-09-13 14:06:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Insert media failed
From: ROBERT_JOHANNES AT udlp DOT com (Robert Johannes)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 13:06:40 -0500
Fellas,
Netbackup is not accepting a number of tapes that I've been trying to
feed it.  I've tried several times to put the  tapes in the capslot, and
then do an inject_tapes, but each time, I get an error message below.
Even if I try a different tape (different id from D00501 below), I would
get the same error, except that the ID listed would be different.
However, the tapes do get moved into proper slots, but then I can't use
them.  I've tried opening the door to the 9710, and then letting the
robot re-inventory the library, then doing an update of volume
configuration, but I essentially a truncated version of the same error
below.  Any body has a clue as to what is wrong?
thanks

robert

ERROR:
------
move_medium failed, CHECK CONDITION
sense key = 0x5, asc = 0x3b, ascq = 0xd, MEDIUM DESTINATION ELEMENT FULL
Update failed: could not add new media ID 'D00501' into slot 96
Insert media failed:
media ID not unique in database (34)
vmupdate error after injecting media