Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bprestore question

2001-09-10 13:47:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bprestore question
From: John_Wang AT enron DOT net (John_Wang AT enron DOT net)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:47:10 -0500
Hello Chris

Hmmm, have you tried specifying a -s and a -e flag rather than let bprestore
default to the most recent?   It seems to me that a date range from 9/9/01 to
9/10/01 would be both too recent and too short to effectively restore files
especially since your virus problem occurred before 9/9/01.

No idea why it would then run off to do a full restore though, maybe one of the
files listed in your list was somehow truncated to indicate a parent directory.
When a directory is matched, the restore recurses through the directory.   Maybe
somehow a lower case k got typed in instead of the upper case K, a "-k" flag
would be a keyword match and may have multiple matches.   I would've also
expected a "-t 13" flag for Windows filesystems, the default is 0 for Unix
filesystems.

Regards,
John I Wang
Sr. Systems Engineer
Steverson Information Professionals

---
Enron Networks
Enron Building room 3427e
ph (713) 345-4888
cell (832) 493-1263
fax (713) 646-8462
pg pagejwang AT skytel DOT com or 1-877-390-4155

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          chris_adolf@r|
|        |          ac.ray.com   |
|        |                       |
|        |          09/10/01     |
|        |          10:22 AM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                           |
  |       To:     veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

  |       cc:     (bcc: John Wang/Contractor/Enron Communications)            |
  |       Subject:     [Veritas-bu] bprestore question                        |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Goodmorning,
    I am running a bprestore script to grab file that we have
determined were effected by the virus last week and are restoring
them.  It worked fine last week and restored several thousand files
without a problem.  Now it is saying it can't not find certain files
and then running a full restore.  Here is the command I am using.  The
file we have generate to feed to NBU and the output we are getting.
Any help would be appreciated.

Command:
bprestore -K -C racict-h3 -D racict-h3 -L
/var/tmp/virus/_bprestore.racict-h3.{pid} -f
/var/tmp/virus/u_h3_restore.txt

File with data to restore:
36 /ICT-H3/DATA/TS00404/information.exe
32 /ICT-H3/DATA/TS01509/Convert.exe
39 /ICT-H3/DATA/TS01509/stressreducers.exe
31 /ICT-H3/DATA/TS04312/FLYBY2.SCR
39 /ICT-H3/DATA/TS05095/problem solver.exe
33 /ICT-H3/DATA/TS05095/ray game.exe
36 /ICT-H3/DATA/TS05095/UnderShorts.exe
32 /ICT-H3/DATA/TS05095/warning.exe
49 /ICT-H3/DATA/TS06375/My Briefcase/1_snowcraft.exe
46 /ICT-H3/DATA/TS06375/My Briefcase/beertend.exe
46 /ICT-H3/DATA/TS06375/My Briefcase/connect4.exe
45 /ICT-H3/DATA/TS06375/My Briefcase/elfbowl.exe

The problem is it fails to find some of these files:
08:19:40 /ICT-H3/DATA/TS00404/information.exe -s 09/09/2001 21:35:08
-e 09/10/20
01 08:16:54 - no files matched in the given date range
08:19:40 /ICT-H3/DATA/TS01509/Convert.exe -s 09/09/2001 21:35:08 -e
09/10/2001 0
8:16:54 - no files matched in the given date range
08:19:40 /ICT-H3/DATA/TS01509/stressreducers.exe -s 09/09/2001
21:35:08 -e 09/10
/2001 08:16:54 - no files matched in the given date range

And instead it starts a full restore of the system.  We noticed the
problem this morning.  Everything was fine last week when I went
home.  Can anyone see a problem?

Thanks,
Chris

This e-mail is the property of Enron Corp. and/or its relevant affiliate and
may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the
intended recipient (s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others
is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to
receive for the recipient), please contact the sender or reply to Enron Corp.
at enron.messaging.administration AT enron DOT com and delete all copies of the
message. This e-mail (and any attachments hereto) are not intended to be an
offer (or an acceptance) and do not create or evidence a binding and
enforceable contract between Enron Corp. (or any of its affiliates) and the
intended recipient or any other party, and may not be relied on by anyone as
the basis of a contract by estoppel or otherwise. Thank you.