Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas BUG explained - Java GUI dates

2001-09-10 09:16:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas BUG explained - Java GUI dates
From: anthony.guzzi AT storability DOT com (anthony.guzzi AT storability DOT com)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 09:16:06 -0400
That's exactly the issue.   I called Veritas tech support to confirm which
jumbo patch is the minimal required (from my testing J0850645 seems to be
it, though Veritas recommends NB_34_1 [but its not required, see Veritas
TechFile ID#420097]) and the tech I talked to volunteered the fact that
the bug was caused by the app only using 9 characters when dealing with
the time/date values.  Didn't these programmers learn anything from
Y2K????

Oh, one related note, since the time value is "Number of seconds since
January 1, 1970 GMT", those in the Americas and Caribbean and points
further west had the bug hit sometime Saturday night.

-- Tony Guzzi
Sr. Solutions Engineer, AssuredRestore team
Storability, Inc.