Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Scripting the restores (HELP!)

2001-09-07 15:37:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scripting the restores (HELP!)
From: John_Wang AT enron DOT net (John_Wang AT enron DOT net)
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 14:37:34 -0500
Hello Chris

Why don't you just restore everything with the no overwrite flag on.   That way
only the files that no longer exist on your disk gets brought back.   This is
where true image really helps cause some of those files are no longer on your
disk for a reason i.e.: to make space for the files that you do want.   You may
want to approach this in stages, restore a third of your user's directories,
then ask that third to clean up their files so that you can do the next third
etc.   The trick is to not restore the virus.

Regards,
John I Wang
Sr. Systems Engineer
Steverson Information Professionals

---
Enron Networks
Enron Building room 3427e
ph (713) 345-4888
cell (832) 493-1263
fax (713) 646-8462
pg pagejwang AT skytel DOT com or 1-877-390-4155

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          chris_adolf@r|
|        |          ac.ray.com   |
|        |                       |
|        |          09/07/01     |
|        |          11:48 AM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                           |
  |       To:     veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

  |       cc:     (bcc: John Wang/Contractor/Enron Communications)            |
  |       Subject:     [Veritas-bu] Scripting the restores (HELP!)            |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hey guys,
    Got a little situation this morning.  A VP brought the latest and
greatest virus into the company and we have just finished purging our
servers.  Now we have several thousand files to restore.  Is there a
way to script this restore so it just parses a file with the server
and file names that need restored and then performs the restore?

Any help would be appreciated!

Chris

This e-mail is the property of Enron Corp. and/or its relevant affiliate and
may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the
intended recipient (s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others
is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to
receive for the recipient), please contact the sender or reply to Enron Corp.
at enron.messaging.administration AT enron DOT com and delete all copies of the
message. This e-mail (and any attachments hereto) are not intended to be an
offer (or an acceptance) and do not create or evidence a binding and
enforceable contract between Enron Corp. (or any of its affiliates) and the
intended recipient or any other party, and may not be relied on by anyone as
the basis of a contract by estoppel or otherwise. Thank you.