Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Tape Alert Setup

2001-09-07 00:15:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Tape Alert Setup
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 00:15:55 -0400 (EDT)
It's on by default, and AFAIK there's no way to turn it off.  If Media
Manager sees an alert and a cleaning tape is available, the drive gets
cleaned.  I agree, one sentence in the manual could make this a lot
clearer.

ADIC should be able to tell you if they support it with your
robot/drive.

What I'd really like to know is if there's a way to test it.  I
suppose that would have to come from the hardware vendor too.  I was
lucky enough to see it happen once, but not on an ADIC (it was a Sun
L3500 with DLT7000).

--
Larry Kingery
          Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.