Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Buying a new Robot

2001-09-04 14:55:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Buying a new Robot
From: petes AT convergentdata DOT net (Peter Smith)
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 12:55:47 -0600
I like the Spectralogic Gator with AIT drives. The biggest benefit from this
library is it's footprint. It covers approximately 1.5 floor tiles. It holds
~688 cartridges and up to 32 AIT drives. Currently it supports AIT, AIT-2.
Once the AIT-3 is avaialble it will be supported. Another nice feature is
the Fabric connectivity to SAN. Although AIT drives are not fibre ready ,
they connect to an internal scsi to fibre controller that is made by
Spectralogic and not another vendor. The Gator can be divided into separate
sections that can be used by different environments. For example, You could
have one group of servers access a certain number of drives while another
group owns a different set of drives. This allows these groups to be
independent of each other.

This hardware also works quite well with NetBackup.

Peter Smith
Convergent Data Services Inc.
www.convergentdata.net
720-482-9559 (work)