Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Volume group residency

2001-08-29 17:59:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Volume group residency
From: John_Wang AT enron DOT net (John_Wang AT enron DOT net)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:59:14 -0500
Hello Matthew

Thanks, that's just what I needed.    I figured it would be easy but didn't know
which command it would be.   Now I'm thinking that it should probably also have
the "-movedb" flag as well or is that also optional.   There's also a Note in
the man pages about not being able to use the "-movedb" option with NetBackup
BusinessServer, any ideas why that statement is there?   Naturally I'll probably
be doing some testing tomorrow on this but hey collecting info is good...

Regards,
John I Wang
Sr. Systems Engineer
Steverson Information Professionals

---
Enron Networks
Enron Building room 3427e
ph (713) 345-4888
cell (832) 493-1263
fax (713) 646-8462
pg pagejwang AT skytel DOT com or 1-877-390-4155

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          Matthew.Secau|
|        |          r AT cna DOT com    |
|        |                       |
|        |          08/29/01     |
|        |          04:32 PM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                           |
  |       To:     veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

  |       cc:     (bcc: John Wang/Contractor/Enron Communications)            |
  |       Subject:     RE: [Veritas-bu] Volume group residency                |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

John,
           Fortunately, this should be pretty easy.  The command for which you
are looking is the "bpmedia" command.  For each media ID that belongs to the
media server that is going away, do the following:

bpmedia -ev <media_id> -newserver <media server that is staying> -oldserver
<one that is leaving>

The "-oldserver" piece is optional, but I use it just in case.

I use the following to do them all:

for MEDIA in `bpmedialist -h <server> | grep dlt | awk '{print $1}'; do
           bpmedia -ev $MEDIA -newserver <newserver> -oldserver <server> -v
done

Of course, change "dlt" to whatever your media type is.
                                                              --Matt--

This e-mail is the property of Enron Corp. and/or its relevant affiliate and
may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the
intended recipient (s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others
is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to
receive for the recipient), please contact the sender or reply to Enron Corp.
at enron.messaging.administration AT enron DOT com and delete all copies of the
message. This e-mail (and any attachments hereto) are not intended to be an
offer (or an acceptance) and do not create or evidence a binding and
enforceable contract between Enron Corp. (or any of its affiliates) and the
intended recipient or any other party, and may not be relied on by anyone as
the basis of a contract by estoppel or otherwise. Thank you.