Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Volume group residency

2001-08-29 17:32:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Volume group residency
From: Matthew.Secaur AT cna DOT com (Secaur,Matthew J.)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:32:13 -0500
John,
        Fortunately, this should be pretty easy.  The command for which you
are looking is the "bpmedia" command.  For each media ID that belongs to the
media server that is going away, do the following:

bpmedia -ev <media_id> -newserver <media server that is staying> -oldserver
<one that is leaving>

The "-oldserver" piece is optional, but I use it just in case.

I use the following to do them all:

for MEDIA in `bpmedialist -h <server> | grep dlt | awk '{print $1}'; do
        bpmedia -ev $MEDIA -newserver <newserver> -oldserver <server> -v
done

Of course, change "dlt" to whatever your media type is.
                                                --Matt--