Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How much size does filename information use in the NB database?

2001-08-26 20:17:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How much size does filename information use in the NB database?
From: fx AT Veritas DOT com (fx [François-Xavier Peretmere])
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 02:17:47 +0200

 see NetBackup Administration Guide
     . Backing up the NetBackup catalog
     .. Managing the NetBackup catalog
     ... Determining catalog space requirements

 for the formula. in short, each entry size in the catalog
is usually average 150 bytes. so quick estimation would be
number of backuped files x 150. see the manual for the
whole story.

 for the size taken on disk, see Larry Kingery's answer.

 hth && amicalement,
                     fx

#include <VRTS/std_disclaimer.h>
--
      fx AT veritas DOT com      | Printer not ready.
François-Xavier Peretmere | Could be a fatal error.