Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Obtaining statistics on tape drive throughput

2001-08-24 15:03:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Obtaining statistics on tape drive throughput
From: PCrossman AT NaviPath DOT com (Crossman, Paul)
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:03:57 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Kingery [mailto:larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 1:47 PM
To: David A. Chapa
Cc: Crossman, Paul; Veritas-Bu (E-mail)

Actually, I'd start in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/jobs, you can find KB/s
at the job level in "realtime" in the *.t files.

OK, can I get a little help translating the info in the file???

I'm sure the line(s) I'm interested in are the ones that look like the
following.

KBW 998640603 10016 3039.190

Now, as best I can figure, 998640603 is utime (seconds since the epoch)
3039.190 is 3,039.190 Kb/s to the drive for this job
10016???  I have no idea what 10016 is, and can't seem to find any info in
the docs on this.

BTW:  Thanks so much to everyone for their emails on this.  The response I'm
seeing is wonderfully surprising.

I'm taking something from every email I see come in.

Thanks everyone,
Paul C.