Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Reusing tapes in a DLT7000 that were origin

2001-08-24 12:07:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Reusing tapes in a DLT7000 that were origin
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 12:07:23 -0400 (EDT)
I don't know how accurate this is anymore, but when DLT7000 first came
out, the only way to "reformat" tapes which had been used in a DLT4000
was to place the tape in a drive, use the density override button on
the front to force the drive to 35 and compressed, and then write to
the tape.  This would cause it to rewrite the calibration track.