Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] pending requests

2001-08-22 13:37:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] pending requests
From: RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com (RYAN ANDERSON)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 12:37:07 -0500
--------------93A33FA2FB11228BFDCDE14D

scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com wrote:

> I would like to automate finding pending requests (sometimes these can happen
> during duplications and nobody knows until they look at the logs to find out
> why it is taking longer than normal) and then send an e-mail to operations to
> load the tape.
>
> vmoprcmd looks like it can be used, but requires to be ran from each media
> server.  Is there an easier way to do this?  a file to look at or maybe a
> pending request "notify" that gets called?
>
> Also, is there a command line equivalent to resubmit the request like in
> Device Monitor?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

vmoprcmd does take a -h option to query a different media server. You
could modify this script to take that into account, then run it off of
cron as we do every five minutes.

Good luck,

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson       | United Defense L.P.
desk  763.572.6684     | pager 952.235.9936

#!/bin/sh
#
# File: mntmon