Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Database Extension (Oracle) Recovery Catalog

2001-08-22 12:02:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Database Extension (Oracle) Recovery Catalog
From: Bob Bakh" <bob.bakh AT home DOT com (Bob Bakh)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 09:02:52 -0700
Let me throw this out there, I always suggest that customers use the catalog
in it's own instance, so create a RMAN instance.

Now you can back that RMAN instance cold in the mornings, or if that is not
possible, then create another rman catalog in one of your other instances
and backup the RMAN instance to that catalog.  Footnote try and not have
both catalogs on the same machine.

Bob