Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] oprd -sockfd 5 -nosig -verbose

2001-08-21 10:38:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] oprd -sockfd 5 -nosig -verbose
From: Douglas.Ritschel AT fnc.fujitsu DOT com (Douglas Ritschel)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:38:58 -0400
Has anyone had the following problem with Netbackup 3.4 DataCenter on a
Solaris 2.6 Master/Media Server?

Since stopping and restarting the veritas daemons yesterday, when I
select Media Manager from the Java Gui, it takes about 10 minutes to
come up, and there is a yellow box with an exclamation point next to the
device host. If I select Inventory, the Inventory window comes up, but
the Start button never becomes selectable.

When I select Device Monitor, it eventually times out with a Network
error and displays a blank screen.

About every 15 minutes a new instance of the following process starts.

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/oprd -sockfd 5 -nosig -verbose

I can run robtest to mount and unmount tapes. However tpreq does not
work.