Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exporting Catalog

2001-08-20 17:44:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exporting Catalog
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:44:34 -0700 (PDT)
ah, but Drew is asking for a subtler trick - an incremental restore of
the NetBackup catalog, if you will.  (just the DB files that correspond
to a specific set of tapes)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Andrew ships over a copy of his normal
DB backup tapes and tells the remote admin to run bprecover, the remote
master server is going to have it's catalogs blown away in the process.

Outside of the NBU import process, (how many tapes?  that could be a
lot of waiting for tape scanning...) I certainly don't know any way to
do this without jumping with both feet into the realm of "unsupported
NBU hacks".

Not that there's anything wrong with that.  :-)

rob