Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NOTE function

2001-08-20 04:38:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NOTE function
From: support.cphvt-s AT sas DOT dk (support.cphvt-s AT sas DOT dk)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:38:21 +0200
Hi

A "human engineering" practical problem.

What we are missing in the Veritas admin guis
(Activity Monitor; Backup Policy Management specifically) is some sort of
NOTE function for free text notes to guide the operators.

e.g.1
One administrator de-activates a class or removes a client from a class for
a valid reason. It would be nice to be able to write some free text note on
the class stating that this has been done so that the next administrator
doesn't start getting worried and  undoing what has already be correctly
done.
e.g.2
A job fails each day with file code xxx. This has been investigated and is
known will be fixed in 2 days time so it should be ignored.

Any good practical solutions out there ? (...or even better does this
function actually exist or soon to be released)

Thanks in advance.
rgds martyn

> Martyn Holden
> Scandinavian IT Group Denmark A/S
> Department CPHVT-S,
> Post Box 1819, Engvej 165, 2300 København S, Denmark
> Phone: +45 3232 4463, Mobile: +45 2322 4463, Fax: +45 3232 2545, Email:
martyn.holden AT sas DOT dk