Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] same tape on two different media servers

2001-08-14 12:07:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] same tape on two different media servers
From: Bob Bakh" <bob.bakh AT home DOT com (Bob Bakh)
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:07:41 -0700
You have multiple Volume Database hosts.

This is bad, however, not fatal.  What you need to do is call support and
have them walk you through fixing it.  It's a long and difficult project,
you may even want to get consulting to do it.  There is a lot of
bpmedia -movedb -ev MEDIA_IS -oldserver media server -newserver master.

Lastly you will need to use tpconfig on all the media servers and set the
volume database host to the master.

Then on the media servers, delete the voldb in
/usr/openv/volmgr/database/voldb

That should do it, but be careful not to delete the voldb on the master,
that would be bad.

Hope this helps,  but I suggest you backup the NBU database, including the
volmgr/database directory on all your media servers.  And calling support,
or consulting.

Bob