Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplicate Tapes

2001-08-09 16:30:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplicate Tapes
From: Don.OShea AT emergis DOT com (O'Shea, Don)
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 16:30:35 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C12112.24DD4194

We had a situation where we somehow ended up with 2 sets of tapes labelled
the exact same. This was discovered when these tapes were used recently for
backups. I would like to scratch the older set that technically is not
valid. The tape librarian has given me what he says is the older set but is
there a way to verify this for a fact? I don't want to take the chance that
the duplicate sets got mixed up and I re-use the tape with the good backup
images.

Don O'Shea
NT Support
BCE Emergis Inc.
(905)707-4000 Ext. 3765
Fax: (905) 707-4329
mailto:don.oshea AT emergis DOT com

------_=_NextPart_001_01C12112.24DD4194

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>Duplicate Tapes</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We had a situation where we somehow =
ended up with 2 sets of tapes labelled the exact same. This was =
discovered when these tapes were used recently for backups. I would =
like to scratch the older set that technically is not valid. The tape =
librarian has given me what he says is the older set but is there a way =
to verify this for a fact? I don't want to take the chance that the =
duplicate sets got mixed up and I re-use the tape with the good backup =
images.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Don O'Shea</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">NT Support</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">BCE Emergis Inc.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">(905)707-4000 Ext. 3765</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Fax: (905) 707-4329</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"><A =
HREF=3D"mailto:don.oshea AT emergis DOT com">mailto:don.oshea AT emergis DOT
com</A></=
FONT>
</P>

</BODY>