Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Fwd: question about a valid SSO Hardware configuration

2001-08-09 12:21:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Fwd: question about a valid SSO Hardware configuration
From: Ladmvo AT aol DOT com (Ladmvo AT aol DOT com)
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 12:21:50 EDT
------_Part_3b72b89e-0066-1021-010203040506

Hi,

I have a question about a valid SSO HW configuration.

Let's suppose a SSO configuration with server ONE being the NetBackup Master
Server (acting as the device allocation host) with a SCSI cable connected to
the DLT library to control the robot.

Server TWO and THREE will be Media Servers both with FC connection to the SAN
and some DLT8000 drives connected to the SAN (using Crossroads bridges).

Is it possible to have this Master Server acting as the device allocation host
with no FC connection to the SAN?
As I said before, this Master only has  the robot SCSI connection.

Do you think is it OK?

Thanks in advance!

Luiz A. D. Oliveira
Backup Consultant

ladmvo AT aol DOT com

------_Part_3b72b89e-0066-1021-010203040506

I have a question about a valid SSO HW configuration.

Let's suppose a SSO configuration with server ONE being
the NetBackup Master Server (acting as the device allocation host) with a SCSI
cable connected to the DLT library to control the robot.

Server TWO and THREE will be MEDIA Servers both with
FC connection to the SAN and some DLT8000 drives connected to the SAN.

Is it possible to have this Master Server acting as the device allocation host
with no FC physical connection to
the SAN? As I said before, this Master Server only has the robot SCSI
connection.

Do you think is it OK?

Thanks in advance!

Luiz A. D. Oliveira