Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Two DLT tape manufacturers?

2001-08-09 08:27:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Two DLT tape manufacturers?
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 08:27:19 -0400
Hard to say. Maybe one is a subsidiary of the other. I'm currently in the
process of having some Fuji tapes analyzed for excessive errors and the folks
that contacted me here were from Fuji Photo Film USA in Elmsford, NY.

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

>>> "W. Curtis Preston" <curtis AT backupcentral DOT com> 08/08/01 05:47PM >>>
Interesting that the blurb on their website refers to Fujitsu and Maxell,
not Fuji and Maxell...
I don't see anywhere other than that that refers to Fujitsu as a tape
manufacturer.
Must be a typo.

At 01:54 PM 8/8/2001 -0700, Dennis Caparas wrote:
>Fujitsu and Fuji are totally different companies. I worked with Fujitsu
>before.

---
W. Curtis Preston
Principal Consultant for Storage Designs,   your storage experts
Voice: 760 710 7017                            Fax: 760 710 7019
Webmaster: http://www.backupcentral.com curtis AT backupcentral DOT com