Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] client installation on Solaris

2001-08-08 17:56:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] client installation on Solaris
From: kastus AT epocrates DOT com (Konstantin 'Kastus' Shchuka)
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 14:56:51 -0700
Hi,

I have a simple task of adding a new client machine.

I cannot use push method because r-services are disabled for security reasons.

I cannot use local install method--there is no way to insert a CD into a machine
20 miles away.

The only method left is Installing NetBackup Software on Secure UNIX Clients
(p.15
Installation Guide)

OK, it says to use the following command:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/install_client_files ftp client user

where client is the hostname of the client.

When I run this comamnd it requires client to be the architecture of the client,
and not the hostname.

So, what's the right way to install NetBackup client?
--
Konstantin 'Kastus' Shchuka
Unix System Administrator